[Ilugc] how to install tamil fonts in linux
- From: v_krishnakumar77"<v_krishnakumar77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (v_krishnakumar77)
- Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 15:43:53 +0530
"Bharathi S"<bharathi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Tamil Nadu wrote:
Is there is a way to install tamil fonts in Linux
In lesser versions
Copy it in /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ Dir. And U >need
XFSTT Server to render the TTF fonts.
Recent versions of XFree86 (starting from 4.x ?) directly use the FreeType
module to render ttf/t1 fonts. So a font server is not required.
IMO, to install fonts this is preferable:
1. copy the fonts to a seperate dir
2. run "ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale" in the dir
3. add a "FontPath path_to_ur_fonts" entry in the X configuration file.
This way, if a buggy font causes u trouble (I recently got bit by a few buggy
chess fonts!) u can simply remove the font path and everything will work fine.
PS: apologies for the stupid ad below.
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com
Buy the best in Movies at http://www.videos.indiatimes.com
Change the way you talk. Indiatimes presents Valufon, Your PC to Phone service
with clear voice at rates far less than the normal ISD rates. Go to
http://www.valufon.indiatimes.com. Choose your plan. BUY NOW
Other related posts: