[Ilugc] Regarding AMD
- From: praveen@xxxxxxxxxxx (Praveen Kumar)
- Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 19:51:44 +0530
I have few questions about AMD,
- One of my friend told, AMD will produce huge amount heat, due to poor
cooling system most time the performance will go down, Thatz why AMD not
familiar in Chennai, is it true ???
There are lot of myths about AMD. Basically, old AMD processors produced
a lot of heat. But Athlon series don't have this problem. I use AMD from
K6 II 500 MHz to Athlon XP 2000+ My current processor donot exceed 42C
in temperature. That's too good.
- In AMD there is no cache memory, will it affect the performance ???
Come on. Who said that AMD doesn't have cache memory. It has.
- Is it suitable for corporate usage, using Windows or Linux ???
AMD is now widely used in corporates. For gaming, AMD with nVidia nForce
2 board is a good choice either for Linux or for Windows.
Other related posts: