[Ilugc] Http redirect
- From: sks@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Suresh Krishna S)
- Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:50:40 +0530 (IST)
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, R Deepak wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Praveen wrote:
- Suraj wrote:
- > Yes its possible. Port forwarding is what needs to be done.
- If I get your correct, I think what you talk about is a bi-directional NAT.
- Assume, I am 126.96.36.199 and I want the to access a machine 10.1.1.1, I
- should have a bi-directional NAT say 188.8.131.52 having port 40000 mapped to
- 10.1.1.1's port 80; now 184.108.40.206 should say the destination IP address
- 220.127.116.11 and destination port as 40000 to reach 10.1.1.1.
Yes. This is how it should work. :)
My setup is,
Internet ---------> Machine A --------- Machine B
(has global-IP) (has local IP, 10.x.x.x)
Machine A -> running HTTP for domain.com, host1.domain.com
Machine B -> running HTTP
(web contents for host1.domain.com are uploaded in 10.x.x.x)
The people from Internet should able to browse the web contents of
Machin-B (ie URL : http://host1.domain.com
Yes, I can try with bi-directional NAT.
Can it be done via VirtualHost, RedirectPermanent from the Machine-A
Suresh Krishna S <sks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
TeNet Group, Electrical Engineering Dept.,
CSD 401 - Micro Processor Lab,
Indian Institute of Technology,
Chennai - 36.
Phone : (044) 22578967, 24909043
^ Achievement ^
^ ----------- ^
^ We will either find a way, or make one. ^
Other related posts: