[Ilugc] About Linux advocacy in colleges (failed in CEG)
- From: sridharinfinity@xxxxxxxxx (Sridhar R)
- Date: Mon Jul 5 12:15:00 2004
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 01:49:29 -0500 (CDT), Tom Jose Tharayil
So whats your point sridhar ?
My point is the Solaris machines in our campus are totally useless bcoz
1. they contain old software and no GNU
2. software installation is also not possible.
I tried installing firefox, but finally ended up with trouble
setting up Gtk in solaris.
3. The browser is netscape-4
4. No messengers, IRC client, ssh-client, nothing in that boxes.
I may better choose WinNT machines.
Atleast this problem is not in the CS dept .. and I though of
installing Linux unsuccessfully.
Tom Jose Tharayil
Sridhar - http://www.cs.annauniv.edu/~rsridhar
Other related posts: