[ilug-cal-website] Re: reverse domain mapping

  • From: Nirmalya Lahiri <nirmalyalahiri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 11:17:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- Surendra Singhi <ssinghi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ashwin,
> Ashwin Mansinghka <ashwin_man@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >  Is there someone from DPS who can take up
> > the issue with
> > VSNL.
>
> It will be great if you can be present this Saturday, and advise
> Mr. Mathew on
> this.
>
> > advisors / admins.
> >> Btw, do you(or anyone else) know anything about
> > reverse  domain name mapping,
> >> and how to go about it?
> >>

> > Assuming this probing is based on the need of
> > providing e-mail services
> > hosted on DPS server for the ilug-cal.info domain.
> >
> No, I don't think we need special email service, the current setup
> will do
> fine. Anirban, Nirmalya, any opinions/suggestions?

 Yes, current mail service is working well. We cant change current
mail service with informaing DPS, because we are using mail server of
DPS. I think reverse domain name mapping is not so much important
issue than the contant issue of our website.

 But we want suggestion regarding reverse mapping. So Ashwin, please
come. We want your suggestion..

> > (actually getting the reverse domain mapping in place
> > is too simple an
> > issue),
>
> I think, just getting this done will suffice. Please advise how to
> go about
> it.
>
> > about it. What do you say ? Shall we start a thread on
> > the subject ?
>
> Started.
>
> Btw, my other email sent last week also bounced, so just to answer
> your
> question, there are no plans at all of setting up a new list, the
> current list
> is absolutely fine, the integration with the website which is there
> is ideal
> for our needs.
>
> Maybe a forum like interface to the list will be useful, but not
> necessary, and is low priority, but some interested person can pick
> it up. Any
> suggestion are welcome?
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> --