[ilug-cal-website] reverse domain mapping

  • From: Surendra Singhi <ssinghi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 21:57:51 +0530

Hi Ashwin,
Ashwin Mansinghka <ashwin_man@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>  Is there someone from DPS who can take up
> the issue with
> VSNL.

It will be great if you can be present this Saturday, and advise Mr. Mathew on
this.

> advisors / admins.
>> Btw, do you(or anyone else) know anything about
> reverse  domain name mapping,
>> and how to go about it?
>>

> Assuming this probing is based on the need of
> providing e-mail services
> hosted on DPS server for the ilug-cal.info domain.

No, I don't think we need special email service, the current setup will do
fine. Anirban, Nirmalya, any opinions/suggestions?

> (actually getting the reverse domain mapping in place
> is too simple an
> issue),

I think, just getting this done will suffice. Please advise how to go about
it.

> about it. What do you say ? Shall we start a thread on
> the subject ?

Started.

Btw, my other email sent last week also bounced, so just to answer your
question, there are no plans at all of setting up a new list, the current list
is absolutely fine, the integration with the website which is there is ideal
for our needs.

Maybe a forum like interface to the list will be useful, but not
necessary, and is low priority, but some interested person can pick it up. Any
suggestion are welcome?

Thanks and regards,

--
Surendra Singhi