[ilug-cal-website] Re: Speed difference

  • From: "Anirban Biswas" <anirban.biswas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 11:44:20 +0530

Hi all

ohh forget to mention some small info last nite.

     Commands
     To start apache: /etc/init.d/apache2 start
     To stop apache: /etc/init.d/apache2 stop

     Docroot of Apache: /var/www

     URL to access: http://203.200.180.138/

Anirban Biswas

On 8/5/06, Anirban Biswas <anirban.biswas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all

     Tonite I reinstalled Apache, PHP and pnp5-mysql on JPMs machine
using apt-get. Things worked fine. The whole site is working with a
reasonable speed. I think the installation from source was not
properly done by JPM hence we are having probelm.

       I also installed the MamboWiki Component which is basically a
Media Wiki Integrated in joomla. I shall do the menu and Content
Desigen tommrow.  Ohh you guys can use the following information

          Joomla Admin name: admin
          passowrd:    i2l0u0g6

          Joomla Normal User: anirban
          password: redblack

Another thing please from now do not run the old apache in /usr/local/apache I added one new database named joomla in the mysql (as root mysql user) which stores the data for joomla.

         I also uploaded a new template. Please tell me if you like
all the things.

Anirban.

On 8/4/06, A. Mani <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday 04 August 2006 13:01, Surendra Singhi wrote:

> > > JPM has other servers. It can be shifted.
> > >
> > > There are lots of Joomla extensions... have you decided on any of those.
> >
> > I didn't follow Joomla extensions for what?
>
> for adding content in particular.
>
> colour selectors
>
> nice html editor ... there are many other things there.
>
> GUI administration is not working.
>
> How do I upload the web specs for discussion by the list ?
>
> There are problems with changing  preferences in konqueror in the wiki page.
>

> A. Mani
> Member, Cal. Math. Soc

-- Masjid dha de, mandir dha de, dha de jo kucch dainda Par kisi da dil na dhain, Rab dilan vich rehnda..

English
Tear down the mosque and the temple; break everything in sight
But do not break a person's heart, it is there that God resides