[ilug-cal-website] Re: Some links and policy

  • From: "A. Mani" <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:24:16 +0530

On Monday 28 Aug 2006 14:46, Surendra Singhi wrote :

> Projects,
I will be putting something there.

>. Besides Linux in School which
the other link is to a static content that is not published...remove that

> Humour,
Linux humour will help... we can put it elsewhere too.

> Linux CD's/DVD's,
>    I think this will be better addressed as FAQ question, which I had
> originally done, but that entry has now been hidden.
OK

> There is a non-technical article supposedly written by A. Mani called "IRC
> Primer", and then it clearly copies someone else's content, its almost
No it not that way... otherwise the admin will write it or what ? I put it
up...I will check that.
> plagiarism, and at least this is not the way to present things. Do we have
> all the permission. Shouldn't linking to the article be better?
very good ones can be put up if the license allows it.

> Also, "About Us" section needs to be rewritten. It should give
> ilug-cal(DPS's) address, and a better description of the objectives of
> ilug-cal.
OK I will make it longer

A. Mani
Member, Cal. Math. Soc