[ilug-cal-website] Joomla Comments

  • From: "Anirban Biswas" <anirban.biswas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 02:49:48 +0530

Hi all

        Today I tried to install joomla Comment in ilug-cal.info, but
it was a partly success so I uninstalled it. You can find the Joomla
Comment in the home folder of admin in joomla_extension folder.

         This joomla Comment is modified by me. The Chaptcha.php is
edited (line no 9 ) by me, cause on enabling Captcha I can not submit
my comments and the problem is I think the old way to access the GET
and POST variable.

         But the main problem I faced after installing it that it
gave an invalid argument error in
/var/www/components/com_comment/joscomment/properties.php in line #
160. I think it is probably due to dependency problem with another
Joomla Extension called Community Builder, since in my home machine
this extension Community Builder already installed I had no such
probelm. Also I do not want to install Community Builder on
ilug-cal.info so have to find another way to solve the above probelm.

Also I installed php5-gd since for joomla Comment I needed that.

Thanks and Regards
Anirban Biswas.
--
Masjid dha de, mandir dha de, dha de jo kucch dainda
Par kisi da dil na dhain, Rab dilan vich rehnda..

English
Tear down the mosque and the temple; break everything in sight
But do not break a person's heart, it is there that God resides