[ilug-cal-website] Joomla Comments

  • From: "Anirban Biswas" <anirban.biswas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 02:49:48 +0530

Hi all

        Today I tried to install joomla Comment in ilug-cal.info, but
it was a partly success so I uninstalled it. You can find the Joomla
Comment in the home folder of admin in joomla_extension folder.

         This joomla Comment is modified by me. The Chaptcha.php is
edited (line no 9 ) by me, cause on enabling Captcha I can not submit
my comments and the problem is I think the old way to access the GET
and POST variable.

         But the main problem I faced after installing it that it
gave an invalid argument error in
/var/www/components/com_comment/joscomment/properties.php in line #
160. I think it is probably due to dependency problem with another
Joomla Extension called Community Builder, since in my home machine
this extension Community Builder already installed I had no such
probelm. Also I do not want to install Community Builder on
ilug-cal.info so have to find another way to solve the above probelm.

Also I installed php5-gd since for joomla Comment I needed that.

Thanks and Regards
Anirban Biswas.
Masjid dha de, mandir dha de, dha de jo kucch dainda
Par kisi da dil na dhain, Rab dilan vich rehnda..

Tear down the mosque and the temple; break everything in sight
But do not break a person's heart, it is there that God resides