[ilug-cal-website] Re: [J.P. Mathew] Re: Email for ilugcal

  • From: "J.P. Mathew" <jpm.nina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:50:16 +0530

Hi:
Since there are lot of criticisms, we need to spend some time on the
server and make the site work.
1. Let us install (experts suggest the softare - I have Postfix
running on my server, but if you want sendmail that is also OK) on the
"Inidan GNU-Linux User Group Kolkata Chapter"
box.
2. I will try to organize DNS server later as I need to spend some money on it.
3. Web site (Joomla) : Are the Sections and Categories OK?
4. Can we add one Image (like the Seattle LUG ) simple image or just a
simple title on top saying "Indian GNU-Linux User Group Kolkata
Chapter" or whatever is the legal name.
5. There is a php environment variable ( I think it is $HTTP_HOST )
which should give the server on which the web server is running. Is it
possible to use it instead of the hard coded IP address? I cannot
access the site from within DPS as I cannot use the external IP
address from the LAN. If any expert can suggest the solution, we could
use that. Then I could be more productive and support you by accessing
the ilug-cal web site internally.
JPM

On 8/23/06, Nirmalya Lahiri <nirmalyalahiri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 This is because the sendmail is not configured properly to listen from
other host. We have to reconfigure it.

  I have another suggestion. Why not we should run our personal mail server
in ilug-cal.info server? If we do that, we will get full control over it. If
all of you(ilug-cal-website team) agreed with me then I will install
sendmail remotely in ilug-cal.info server or JPM can install it localy.

 I am waiting for suggestions from the members.........

Anirban Biswas <anirban.biswas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 But the thing is mail is still not working even though the above box
is running sendmail. 192.168.10.203

http://isp.netscape.com/register

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp

> --
> Masjid dha de, mandir dha de, dha de jo kucch dainda
> Par kisi da dil na dhain, Rab dilan vich rehnda..
>
> English
> Tear down the mosque and the temple; break everything in sight
> But do not break a person's heart, it is there that God resides

-- Masjid dha de, mandir dha de, dha de jo kucch dainda Par kisi da dil na dhain, Rab dilan vich rehnda..

English
Tear down the mosque and the temple; break everything in sight
But do not break a person's heart, it is there that God resides

Nirmalya Lahiri (+91-94331-13536)