[ilug-cal-website] Re: [J.P. Mathew] Re: Email for ilugcal

  • From: Nirmalya Lahiri <nirmalyalahiri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:07:02 -0700 (PDT)

  To solve the problem we have to know the current configuration of server. If sendmail is already in running state,then we have to
configure it properly. To check that we need root password....

Surendra Singhi <ssinghi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi,

Nirmalya Lahiri  writes:

> Hi,
>  I already checked this...

Thanks for checking this.

>No SMTP service port is open in the server
> Only H.323 service port is open with filtered state.
> So we can't start email service....

Please tell us what need to be done. Does sendmail needs to be installed, or
machine configuration needs to be changed?

Surendra Singhi

Nirmalya Lahiri