[ilug-cal-website] Re: [Ilug-cal-discuss] would/should www.ilug-cal.org redirect to www.ilug-cal.info ? why not?

  • From: Ashwin Mansinghka <ashwin_man@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:10:59 -0700 (PDT)

Arup Kanjilal wrote:
> Think it's about time I put in my 2c.
>
> I've been paying for the .org domain for years, so
it's definitely not dead and gone. Your issue seems to
be one of hosting - no access to Russ's box, therefore
can't do all the stuff you want to, can understand
that, I had similar issues when I built the original
.org site.

Great. So can we assume Sir, that you have the right
to modify the IP
address in the Domain Name Registrar's database and
would not mind
pointing it to JPM's machine IP address ? This also
goes without saying
that since you pay and own the domain you have the
right to change the
IP to any other server or to the server of Mr.Russell
once it is back up.

This is good news.

with Regards,
ASHWIN