[ilug-cal-website] Re: Clip-Art, etc

  • From: "Anirban Biswas" <anirban.biswas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:07:34 +0530

        Then how about some articles written by us. For example use
of GNU/Linux in India or mainly in Enginnering Colleges in West
Bengal. Our own experiences with GNU/Linux... etc

On 8/29/06, A. Mani <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 29 Aug 2006 19:43, Surendra Singhi wrote:
> "A. Mani" <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > AB/NL,  is it easy to modify that 'written by' to 'presented by' or
> > 'seconded by' or 'managed by' in the article pages.
> I will suggest please remove that article and link to it. There is no
> reason for you to copy that article, and linking is standard netiquette.

Not sensible... we want our site to be rich in resources. The optimal strategy
that I am following is to keep a small set of 'basic' articles and then the
rest can be of an assorted type. We need a good collection of articles on the
site and it is admissible to put that article anywhere (provided it is not

I think we must replace 'witten by' with 'presented by' or just a blank so
that we do not have jarring info. There are many sites where they keep it
that way, though. Shall I do it ?

A. Mani Member, Cal. Math. Soc

Masjid dha de, mandir dha de, dha de jo kucch dainda
Par kisi da dil na dhain, Rab dilan vich rehnda..

Tear down the mosque and the temple; break everything in sight
But do not break a person's heart, it is there that God resides