[ilug-cal-website] Re: Clip-Art, etc

  • From: "A. Mani" <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:28:15 +0530

On Tuesday 29 Aug 2006 19:43, Surendra Singhi wrote:
> "A. Mani" <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > AB/NL,  is it easy to modify that 'written by' to 'presented by' or
> > 'seconded by' or 'managed by' in the article pages.
>
> I will suggest please remove that article and link to it. There is no
> reason for you to copy that article, and linking is standard netiquette.

Not sensible... we want our site to be rich in resources. The optimal strategy
that I am following is to keep a small set of 'basic' articles and then the
rest can be of an assorted type. We need a good collection of articles on the
site and it is admissible to put that article anywhere (provided it is not
modified).

I think we must replace 'witten by' with 'presented by' or just a blank so
that we do not have jarring info. There are many sites where they keep it
that way, though. Shall I do it ?

A. Mani
Member, Cal. Math. Soc