[ilug-cal-website] Re: Clip-Art, etc

  • From: Surendra Singhi <ssinghi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ilug-cal-website@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:28:44 +0530

"A. Mani" <a_mani_sc_gs@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wednesday 30 Aug 2006 12:09, Surendra Singhi wrote:

> The article license allows REPRODUCTION WITHOUT PERMISSION.

OK. But still not netiquette. Also, you are sending wrong signals to other
users, other people may still copy other article without necessary
permission. What if the primer is updated, will you keep it in sync with the
original version? I guess you will never even realize that.

> READ IT and stop saying stupid things.

>> Link to his site and people can then read it over there, that is the
>> sensible thing to do.
> We will lose people if we do that. .. that is the main reason.

Sure, what you wrote above does sounds stupid.

How are we going to lose people? If someone goes to some other website to
read something, are we losing people? The purpose of the website is to help,
and not keep users on it. Btw, does Google, Digg, etc. lose people?

--
Surendra Singhi