From: operator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ilssa] please, a TOOL!
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 12:54:49 -0500
To: ilssa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

to all ILSSA members of all time,
We are writing in one last final attempt to garner more tools from y'all!
We're here at Saint Mary's College unpacking boxes. We're *very* excited about
what we've seen, but are disappointed to find that despite having over 150
members, we have only received 15 tools.
Please know that we really want to include ALL of you in the show -- don't
worry if you haven't renewed, or your dues have lapsed, or whatever. (We're in
the midst of restructuring toward dues-free membership, anyway: more on that
very soon.) To sum up: if you once joined ILSSA, you're part of ILSSA.
Can you send a tool today, or tomorrow? We'll need to receive it no later than
this Friday January 13th to get it in the show.We will return the tool back to
you (at no cost to you) after the exhibition closes.Please be sure to include
your return address, and if you have a moment, a brief statement about how you
use the tool.And in answer to Anne's question below: the tool doesn't need to
be something you've used in the past year as long as it is something indicative
of your impractical labor.
Please send to:
Krista Hoefle, Gallery DirectorMoreau Art GalleriesSaint Mary's CollegeNotre
Dame, IN 46556ATTN: ILSSA Exhibition
Also: forgot to send your remnants? SEND THEM TODAY!!! If we get them before
Friday, we'll do our very best to get them in there.It doesn't matter if you
have 3 envelopes or 300. Please send!!
One last thing: please send us an email once you've sent your package so we can
be sure to look out for it.
best & warmest,your ILSSA co-operators

--AS MANY HOURS AS IT TAKESILSSA
Operatoroperator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.impractical-labor.org

On Jan 5, 2012, at 2:35 PM, Anne Percoco wrote:Does it have to be a tool we
used in the last year?

Date: December 9, 2011 6:14:41 PM EST
To: ilssa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ilssa] ILSSA Exhibition! January 27-February 24, 2012

Dearest ILSSA Members,
Our first ILSSA
 exhibition quickly approaches! The show is scheduled to open at the Hammes
Gallery at Saint Mary's College on January 27, 2012 and will run through the
24th of February. In order to make this show an absolute success, we need your
help!
Many of you have been saving remnants. Thank you, thank you! Please keep up the
saving and be ready to send your collections ASAP at the beginning of 2012. The
gallery is expecting delivery from all of us between January 3rd and 6th.
We would also like to include one additional item from each Impractical
Laborer, even those of you who are not contributing remnants:
1) A tool with which you impractically labor, with a short statement about the
manner in which you use the tool.
Please mail said tool to the gallery, to
 arrive between January 3rd and 6th at the following address:
Krista Hoefle, Gallery DirectorMoreau Art GalleriesSaint Mary's CollegeNotre
Dame, IN 46556ATTN: ILSSA Exhibition
You are welcome to e-mail your statement to your Co-Operators, and/or send a
hard copy along with your tool.
Your tool will be mailed back to you upon closing of the exhibition at the end
of February. Please indicate your preferred return address with your submission.
As always, please feel free to e-mail us with any questions or concerns. We
hope you'll all be able to participate in this inaugural exhibition, the first
of it's
 kind for ILSSA!
In cahoots,Your Co-Operators
 ILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSAILSSA
AS MANY HOURS AS IT TAKESILSSA Operatorwww.impractical-labor.org