[IITLUG] Urgent Information

  • From: Tristan Sloughter <sloutri@xxxxxxx>
  • To: iitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:52:40 +0000

I regret to inform the LUG community that our leader John Quigley recently
passed away in his room on the SSV campus. I believe that IIT has not yet
released a formal letter regarding his death but I'm sure they will release
something soon. I will keep you all posted as I recieve information. I don't
believe this is the time to worry about who will take over the leadership of
the LUG.

If you are religious please keep John in your prayers, if not please take some
time alone to reflect about John. Feel free to use this list as a way to post
reflections and memories about John. I hope to set up a meeting shortly where
we can discuss things more.

God Bless,
Tristan Sloughter