[igniteball] Welcome Again

  • From: Jacinta Kingdon <jacintakingdon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:32:14 +0800

Hey everyone,

I think we finally have a full committee going now. Here are the rep
details:

PRSC: Erin & Carla
CEAC: Nicola & Shannon
CEC: Troy & Tim (and me)

As I've mentioned to everyone, I'd like to get us all together early next
week so we can actually meet each other and have a quick chat about what we
all want for this event. So if you could go to the following link to fill in
your availability (mainly for Carla and Erin), we can sort out a time to do
this. But by the looks of it at the moment, it appears 1PM on Wednesday
would be the best, and if no one has a problem with this, would we just like
to go ahead and book this time in for our meeting?

http://doodle.com/zhi2x65g2sgit2xs

Also, the meeting with Joseph (our Challenge Stadium contact) has been
scheduled for 2PM Thursday March 3rd (at Vege Patch on campus). I think as
long as we can get at least one rep from each club to make it, I'd rather
not have to reschedule. So who can/can't make this time? I would like to
know ASAP incase both reps from one club can't make it so I can change the
meeting time with as much warning for Joseph as possible.

Lastly for now (I seriously want to go to sleep), I've attached the prelim
poster for the ball CEC have come up with. I'm pretty impressed with this
"draft" and if everyone else approves of the design, I'd like to get it
printed and up around campus ASAP. This prelim kinda poster isn't really for
letting people know the minor details of the event, it's more for just
putting the idea of the ball into their heads early on so they can start
talking about it with friends, etc. We print this one out as big as possible
(A0 I believe) and stick it in high traffic areas within our schools. As in,
for CEC, we have a cabinet in one of the main eng buildings where we will
keep the poster up for the rest of the year and people see it as they come
down a particular stairwell. So start thinking about where you'd want your
giant poster to live for the rest of the year and how many you want (I'm
thinking CEC will want 2, and 1 or 2 for PRSC and CEAC? Up to you guys).

Wow, lots of words. What I want from this email:

*1) Can you make a 1PM Wednesday meeting next week (30 min max), if not,
fill in Doodle.
2) Can you make the Challenge meeting?
3) What do you think of the poster?*

If you can answer these questions for me, great! Talk soon.

Jacinta