[igniteball] Posters & Tickets

  • From: Callum Yeomans <callum.y@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:26:14 +0800

The ball organising is all looking very good, we just need to get the posters and tickets all finalised by two weeks time. THis includes the big A0 posters which we haven't started.

Regards the posters and tickets - they do look very good. I have a couple of minor suggestions to bring it up to final polish. Ignore or acknowledge as you wish.

_Poster_
1) The club names can probably be abbreviated, although this is debatable. It's also "Curtin Engineers Club" 2) I personally think the title would look best if "Venetian Masquerade" was on one line and "Ignite Ball" on the other, this helps highlight the brand name too 3) For our logo we'd probably prefer to use our 'traditional' logo as opposed to the cartoony isometric one. We can give you a copy of that in both white, black and combined. 4) The masquerade mask doesn't quite match the elegance you've created with the rest of the poster, so if you could find a more suitable one that would really help make it great
5) Need the Guild logo

_Tickets_
1) Guild logo again
2) I think a gradient mask layer below the text and above the background image, black to transparent, left to right, could really help bring out the text from the grey

Overall I think you did a great job, and really quickly as well. If you don't get any of what I said then pass me on the working files and I'll try and show you what I mean.

Ideas for the A0 poster? I made the suggestion about the silk look, but whether we use it or not we need something that will be simple yet visually striking.

Callum Yeomans
Undergraduate Mechatronic Engineer
/Curtin University of Technology/

Curtin Engineers Club - /President/

Curtin Motorsport Team - /Member/
Ph: +61439904369

On 7/07/2010 7:36 PM, Samantha Cobb wrote:
Hi all!

There's so much to give feedback on! Here are my thoughts:

Firstly, Jacqui the tickets and posters look amazing-what theme colours were chosen today at the Challenge Stadium meeting?

Secondly, I'm not sure what a neutral location is for all the clubs..would it work if we set the electronic sign up system on each clubs website or is that too complicated? Maybe wait for Rusty's thoughts on that..

In regards to entertainment there are so many options for the Venetian Masquerade theme! I agree with the flame throwers and the stilt walkers..Should we make the music suited to the theme? A string quartet is carnivale style..However, that may be pushing the entertainment too far-just a thought..

Finally, I think Midland Buses is our best bet in regards to transport.

Jacinta count me in for next week's meeting!

Cheers,

Samantha Cobb
Committee Member
Curtin Public Relations Student Chapter

m: 0438 951 531 | e: samanthacobb90@xxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:59:10 +0800
Subject: [igniteball] Fire Entertainment
From: jacintakingdon@xxxxxxxxx
To: igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey everyone,

Fire n Motion (Perth fire entertainers) got back to me super quick with the documents attached, have a gander and tell us what you think. The big question is: *Do we go with both the stilt walkers and the fire dudes, or just one?* We can afford both at this point as in my rough budget I put $2000 for entertainment. Once I clean up my budget document I'll pass it on for people to check out, super rough atm.

Also, Midland Bus got back to me (Woo, great day today!) and quoted me $297/bus. Now, this equates to $2376 for EIGHT buses, which would be the max amount we would need. Buswest quoted $2200 for 4 buses to shuttle. We can either go with Buswest which could be cheaper but is shuttling. OR Midland Bus which may turn out $176 more (but only if we get 8 buses, may end up only needing 6 or 7 depending on ticket sales) and no shuttling. Next question: *Do we want to POSSIBLY save $176 with Buswest or go with Midland?* (Personally, I'm with Midland bus, they were super last year and we avoid shuttling. We're able to adjust the number of buses with them closer to the date).

I'll write up minutes both for our committee meeting and the Challenge meeting and send them through soon so everyone knows what has gone on. I'm SUPER excited!!! Turning out well.

*Oh yes, and at this point our next committee meeting will be 11AM Thursday July 15th, Curtin library level 2*. Let me know if you can't make it.

Jacinta

Date:   Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:54:52 +0800
From:   Jed Fowler <jedfowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     'Jacinta Kingdon' <jacinta.c.k@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jacinta,

Thanks for your enquiry!

I’ve attached an information sheet and a pricing sheet giving you some details about us.

If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Jed Fowler

Fire ‘n’ Motion