[igniteball] Ignite Ball Champagne

  • From: Timothy Ey <timothy.ey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "cec_committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cec_committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 03:37:29 +0000

Just got a call from Joseph (our main contact at Challenge Stadium). Long story
short, we're probably not going to get the proper champagne that we'd been
promised, but rather some sort of savinonge blaunc (however you spell it).

Therefore, we need to make sure we scratch the word "champagne" from any
publication we're planning to print. The only thing I know for sure that I've
mentioned it on is my piece for the CEC Newsletter, so Sven, if you could hold
out on printing the newsletter until Joseph rings me back later today with
confirmation (he's trying to haggle them back up to champagne). PRSC and CEAC,
not sure if you've done any publication that mentions champagne, but should
probably hold off for a bit.

We're still going to get people coming up to ticket sales-people and saying "I
thought it was champagne", because of word of mouth, but we're uni students,
we're still going to drink it.