[igniteball] Fire Entertainment

  • From: Jacinta Kingdon <jacintakingdon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:59:10 +0800

Hey everyone,

Fire n Motion (Perth fire entertainers) got back to me super quick with the
documents attached, have a gander and tell us what you think. The big
question is: *Do we go with both the stilt walkers and the fire dudes, or
just one?* We can afford both at this point as in my rough budget I put
$2000 for entertainment. Once I clean up my budget document I'll pass it on
for people to check out, super rough atm.

Also, Midland Bus got back to me (Woo, great day today!) and quoted me
$297/bus. Now, this equates to $2376 for EIGHT buses, which would be the max
amount we would need. Buswest quoted $2200 for 4 buses to shuttle. We can
either go with Buswest which could be cheaper but is shuttling. OR Midland
Bus which may turn out $176 more (but only if we get 8 buses, may end up
only needing 6 or 7 depending on ticket sales) and no shuttling. Next
question: *Do we want to POSSIBLY save $176 with Buswest or go with Midland?
* (Personally, I'm with Midland bus, they were super last year and we avoid
shuttling. We're able to adjust the number of buses with them closer to the
date).

I'll write up minutes both for our committee meeting and the Challenge
meeting and send them through soon so everyone knows what has gone on. I'm
SUPER excited!!! Turning out well.

*Oh yes, and at this point our next committee meeting will be 11AM Thursday
July 15th, Curtin library level 2*. Let me know if you can't make it.

Jacinta