[PCB_FORUM] varient Bom

  • From: Mark Salberg <msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cadence User Group <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:13:52 -0400

Does anyone use the varient bom successfully?
We use BOM_IGNORE for do not install components.

We want to use a single schematic and .brd with three separate model builds.
Meaning three different population and component values.

Example:
Model         |   bom_ignore   |   Value (R1)   |
Model A     |   TRUE            |    1K             |
Model B     |   FALSE          |     2K            |
Model C     |   TRUE            |     3K            |

In the past, we have done the following:
1. Add BOM_IGNORE in schematic for any nopops in main model.
2. Any other model nopops or value differences are noted in a tble on the schematic.
3. PNP data is for main model only.
3.a. Secondary model PNP data must be modified manually per table in schematic.
4. List nopop and value differences in assembly drawing. (Manually)

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Mark