[PCB_FORUM] Re: resetting line widths to default...

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:47:40 -0600

Austin,

You can use Edit > Change to globally change your trace line widths to
match your minimum rules.  There is a couple ways of doing it but the
easiest way is to select the nets that require a certain line width using
the
find filter while in Edit > Change.  Please note that the change will only
be applied on the visible layers at the time of Edit > Change which is
useful
if you have different lines widths on a per layer basis.  You could also
use the Temp Group from the right mouse button popup along with the
"use 'selected objects' for a deselection operation" check box inside the
Find by Name or Property form (More Button) inside the Find Filter to
select all the nets in the design and de-select the special groups that you
don't want to change.

One final note make sure that the check box next to line width is
only checked under the Options tab of the find filter so it only
changes the line width and not the layer its routed on.

Hope this helps,
Michael Catrambone
UTStarcom, Inc.

"Austin Franklin"
03/16/2005 05:24 PM

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:

To:    <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:
Subject:    [PCB_FORUM] resetting line widths to default...

Hi,

I am working on a board that is a re-spin.  I've changed the line widths,
both default and made new line width rules for specific groups.  My default
width is 3.99...but nets in the default group route at 4.57, 8 and other
misc. line widths, apparently from the previous spin.  How can I reset,
say,
the default group line width to apply to all the nets not in another group?

Having a line width of 8 on a net that has a rule of 3.99 and a min of 3.99
(no max can be specified) does not create a DRC error, obviously...so it
isn't obvious on some of the nets that they aren't following the new
default
rule.

Thanks,

Austin