[PCB_FORUM] Re: high speed board material.

  • From: "Ooi, Ching Leong" <ching.leong.ooi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:54:21 +0800

FR4 should be still ok, but if you are really worry about lossy and skin
depth problem on critical traces, (on external layer only) try Gold
plate it and leave the soldermask exposed on traces in question. Pls
don't ask me why, I was adviced by someone some place I worked before,
because I was asked to create a selective Au Plate layer , and special
mask opening for the traces and same advice also, "don't ask why" ,yeah,
make sure the Au not on your solder pad, makes the joint brittle, but if
you are really into RF stuff, try check out Rogers or Nelco, but $$$ can
be more..

will be really thankful if any expert out there can help answer the
"don't ask why"

..cheers

own opinion , not Intel,,

CL,Ooi