[PCB_FORUM] Re: dynamic guides... did they change or what?

Gene,

I've been on 15.1 for months and have just moved to 15.2.  Yes on 15.2 the
rats do show when you move a part off of its connection (even if you have
all rats turned off).  I can't remember if you can modify this behavior or
not, other than putting a "NO_RAT" property on the net.
Check for this, Edit -> Properties, turn on Nets under the Find tab then
click on the pin of the part you think should be ratting.  If the NO_RAT
property is, it will show up in the Show Properties window.

The ref des popping up thing looks to be new.  I virtually always have the
ref des visible when moving parts (just run a quick script), so I don't know
when this *feature* was added, 15.1?  When I tried out this feature, the
symbol ref des on "Ref Des/Assembly_Top" became visible during the moving
action (as opposed to the "Ref Des/Silkscreen_Top", the other typical
"official" ref des).  I would guess that you don't have a choice in which
ref des temporarily becomes visible, why would it matter?

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
1351 South Sunset Street