[PCB_FORUM] Re: drill hole...

  • From: "Gene Carman" <gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:05:12 -0700

The approach I have typically taken is to call out the slot and let the vendor
worry about how to actually make it.  But I give "permission" for things that
can be done.

But from the vendor standpoint, without using a punch, the easiest way to make
a rectangular slot is to overdrill the corners then use a round mill bit to do
the square sides up to the overdrill.

What you need to do for your fab drawing is make this possible by allowing
overdrill in the corners by calling it out.  The question for you is can you
tolerate overdrilled corners for this type of action?