[PCB_FORUM] Re: double stacked components

  • From: "Bolman, Shirley H" <shirley.h.bolman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:51:16 -0700

I take it that you have a 25 pin part and a 50 pin part that can be
placed in the same location. I would suggest creating one physical with
the
maximum number of thru-holes.
Use the primitives in the logic such as 'partname_con25' which would
have
25 visible pins listed as NC. The second primitive would be
partname_con50 and define
all of the pins.

This way there is only 1 physical for two different stuffing options.
And only 1 concept symbol that is needed for two different parts. I
would
be sure to add some indicator in silkscreen so the 25 pin part does not
get stuffed
at the wrong end.

Shirley H. Bolman