[PCB_FORUM] Re: double stacked components

  • From: chris.ball@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:41:08 -0400

Doesn't the "VARIANT MANAGER" handle this kind of thing? I thought there
were provisions for substitutions as well as de-pop... but I'm still a
Cadence newbie and can't speak from experience. I would guess you'd need a
single footprint that was valid for both part numbers; a 'worst of both'.
-Chris

                       Kevin McCowan

                       <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         To:
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                       @ VALSMTP                         cc:

                       Sent by: @VALSMTP                 Subject:
[PCB_FORUM] Re: double
                                                           stacked components

                       09/15/2004 02:33 PM

                       Please respond to

                       icu-pcb-forum

I try to build a version that would cover both components at the
same time so this problem doesn't happen. Otherwise you just
need to ignore the drcs as "part of your job".
This is an ongoing problem that I believe has never been addressed
in the industry. I wonder why?
Hope this helps,
TSI Telsys

JACK KELLY wrote:
> we have boards with with multiple load options, which means we somtimes
have two versions of a thru hole connector stacked on top of each other.
> this means you have thru hole pins directly on top of each other.  how do
others handle this as far pin to pin drc's and duplicate drills in the
> drill table?
>    thanks in advance
>
> To view the archives of this list please login at
> //www.freelists.org. Our list name is icu-pcb-forum
> or go to //www.freelists.org/archives/icu-pcb-forum/
>
> Problems or Questions:
>            Send an email to icu-pcb-forum-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Want to post a job listing ?  DON'T DO IT HERE!
> Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.
>
> SUBSCRIBE:  icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx
> POST:       icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx

"This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient(s).
The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged, and
its disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please return it immediately to its
sender at the above address and destroy it."