[PCB_FORUM] Re: could not fit symbol

  • From: "Degennaro, Natalie N" <natalie.n.degennaro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:29:54 -0700

Sam,

You have your Ref Des silkscreen subclass VERY close to the edge of your
defined workspace. Could it be that it is too close and the program
thinks that you have something defined outside of the drawing space
parameters?
I noticed that your text size #17 has a character space of zero defined.
What is the minimum character space that the software will use, if none
is defined? Your text DOES have spaces between the characters so maybe
this default spacing is at fault.

Take all your Ref Des text and move it over to the left by 10 mils and
see if that clears up your issue. By the way, for REF DES text on a
symbol, you only need a place holder (only a few characters) for the
program to "see" it and over-write it with the netlist ref des. for that
part. Just my two cents there.

Also, I noticed that you don't have a photoplot width defined in your
text sizes. Just make sure that on each layer of the artwork definition,
you have minimum line width defined to something other than zero,
otherwise you won't have any text on your layers. Again, just my two
cents.

Hope this helps,
Natalie