[PCB_FORUM] Re: could not fit symbol

  • From: Jean Bratton <jean.bratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:27:38 -0700

Sam - I looked at it, and also placed a dummy version of it in a blank board
file and it worked OK. Two things to try - maybe you did already...
1) Try to place the symbol in the board, as just a symbol, not as the actual
part. Make sure you're pulling form the library, though I suspect since it
blew your part away that's the only place it would look.
2) Try opening a brand new board and placing the part there. If that works,
as it did for me, it says there's something incompatible between the board
and the part. I looked at text sizes, but Allegro seems to make a new text
size to accommodate the size in the symbol if it doesn't already exist, so
that's not it.
Good luck,
Jean