[PCB_FORUM] Re: change layer of plt file

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:04:37 -0600

Chris,

I tried to change the class and subclass when loading a
plot on Studio and it seems to work loading the plot on
the layer I choose. I guess it is possible that older versions
of Studio did not have this functionality and maybe that
is why it is not working for some people.

Mike

chris.ball
04/01/2005 11:55 AM

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:

To:    icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:    [PCB_FORUM] Re: change layer of plt file

When importing dxf, I've tried just that, using 15.1 Studio version, and it
doesn't switch to the desired class/subclass. An associate using 15.1
Expert version gave me the same instructions and I had to demonstrate that
I didn't get the same result so he didn't think I was crazy (still might
though...).

-Chris

                       Michael.Catrambone@utstar.
                       com @ VALSMTP                     To:
                       icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                       Sent by: @VALSMTP                 cc:
                                                         Subject:
                       [PCB_FORUM] Re: change layer of
                       04/01/2005 12:48 PM                 plt file
                       Please respond to
                       icu-pcb-forum

It sounds like you are doing it correctly. Let me explain it
in a little more detail in case something is lost in translation.
I don't remember when this functionality change actually
came about but I know it works on at least Allegro14.2 forward.

1. File > Import > IPF or type "load plot" on the command prompt.

2. Browse for the file and select OK.

3. You will then see an outline of the plot on your cursor. At this
point change the Class to Board Geometry and subclass to
Assembly Notes under the options tab.

4. Select load point for the plot.

It should load on the layer you change it to.  I am not sure why it
is not working for you.  Maybe someone else can try it and report
back with their results so I don't think I am crazy.

Mike

<sjcharles
04/01/2005 10:42 AM

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:

To:    <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:

I must be doing something wrong, I use file-import-*plt. then i tried to
select different layers but it stays on PEN3.
thanks

> From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 2005/03/31 Thu PM 05:44:21 EST
> To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: change layer of plt file
>

> During load plot, prior to selecting a load point,
> you can change the class and subclass under the
> options tab to the layer you want the plot to be
> loaded on.
>
> Mike
>

> <sjcharles
> 03/31/2005 04:17 PM
>

> Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Sent by:
>

> To:    <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc:
> Subject:    [PCB_FORUM] change layer of plt file
>

> group:
> I have a logo and i would like to change the layer it comes in on. I
don't
> have the orginal files only a plt file.
> thanks

> To view the archives of this list please login at
> //www.freelists.org. Our list name is icu-pcb-forum
> or go to //www.freelists.org/archives/icu-pcb-forum/
>
> Problems or Questions:
>  Send an email to icu-pcb-forum-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Want to post a job listing ?  DON'T DO IT HERE!
> Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.
>
> SUBSCRIBE:  icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx
> POST:       icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> To view the archives of this list please login at
> //www.freelists.org. Our list name is icu-pcb-forum
> or go to //www.freelists.org/archives/icu-pcb-forum/
>
> Problems or Questions:
>     Send an email to icu-pcb-forum-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Want to post a job listing ?  DON'T DO IT HERE!
> Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.
>
> SUBSCRIBE:  icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx
> POST:       icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx

"This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient(s).
The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged, and
its disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please return it immediately to its
sender at the above address and destroy it."