[PCB_FORUM] Re: X-Keys 20 key, any good?

  • From: <george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:06:39 -0700

Not hardly, I have been using a 58 key version for (IIRC) 4 or 5 years,
and use the same sort of scheme to run it (and posted the information
here way back when, possibly before it went on to freelist)

There is a memory limit (the exact figure escapes me) on how much you
can stuff in there, using a 3 or 4 character "macro" on each key allows
you an "unlimited" number of characters per key.  There is more info on
the website if you want to dig it up (http://www.xkeys.com)

I see they have 84 and 128 key versions out now.  I just wish they had
programmable key display versions like some of the video mixers do, then
you could change the key display as easily as you change the macros.
Probably cost a small fortune :)

--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.