From: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of O Migs
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 9:11 PM
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Vias too close to Gold plated edge connectors

you can't mask a via on both sides assuming the gold fingers are on double
sides.  via fill first, then mask.

if you want to save cost, encroach the via mask opening 6 mil larger than the
drill and shift via far enough from the gold.

br,

-oscar
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Mark Salberg
<msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi Mashak,
Thanks for the reply.
Does "close the mask" mean "tent the vias"?
Why would it cost more to allow vias to plate?

Thanks,
Mark

On 3/28/2011 9:41 AM, Maqbool, Mashak (GE Energy) wrote:
Hi,

Just close the mask for the Vias which are close to the Gold Fingers. This will
save you additional cost.

Regards,
Mashak Maqbool