[PCB_FORUM] Re: Very Slow Allegro v. 16.3

  • From: JCharles TEYSSIER <jeancharles.teyssier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 21:05:27 +0200

Hello Mark,

i do not use 16.3 (still use 15.7 and a few 16.2).
But here are some tricks:
- In autosilk parameters all set to "none": no need to calculate each time a via is moved - rats on "big" nets (ex.: gnd) should be disabled : calculation of ratsnet is time consuming

I don't think it will be a big improve , but small + small + small can be big at the end...

Jean-Charles

Mark Salberg a écrit :
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone there would have any tricks to speed up Allegro. I am editing a board with quite a few Constraints in the V.16.3 CM. Whenever I slide a trace, move a via or any mod, it hangs up for 30 sec each time. I have tried changing global shapes params from smooth to rough and even disabled.
Short of turning off On-Line DRC, which I do not want to do.
Many DRC's to clean up.

Mark

To view the archives of this list go to //www.freelists.org/archives/icu-pcb-forum/