[PCB_FORUM] Re: Very Slow Allegro v. 16.3

  • From: Mark Salberg <msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 13:10:10 -0400

We are on a network. And the license is on the network. So working local has never made much of a difference.

On 4/7/2011 11:24 AM, Douglas Stanley wrote:
Mark,

This is a great thread with lots of tips.

You don't mention whether you're working off a network drive or locally (or if you did, I
missed it). Obviously, if you are working on a network drive, try moving the board file
to your local machine. If that is not an option, there is an env variable you can set
that will cause Allegro to keep some "temp" files it writes local rather than
on the network drive. I have this set in our standard env file and it helps a little.

set  shape_local_temp = C:/tmp

Regards,

Douglas G. Stanley
PC Board Designer, Principal