[PCB_FORUM] Re: Two Concept error questions

  • From: "William Billereau" <William.Billereau@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:33:04 +0200

Mark,

You're welcome.

But I just wrote an alias that replays Cadence solution ;-)...

As far as I know (and seems to be confirmed on the solution below), the
only way to disable CM is by removing files and folder about it.

                        William.

The solution number on Sourcelink is 11051882:

Error message: When doing Export Physical, after deleting the
constraints folder, the following

error is reported: ERROR(300) Net Rev fatal error detected.

Design flow is Constraint Manager enabled, pstcmdb.dat and pstxnet.dat
do not appear to be

from the same packaging step.

Problem statement: The Constraint Manager has been used in ConceptHDL to
setup several ECSets and

rules. The customer is now finding that it will be easier to do all the
rule setup

from Allegro and would like to disable the CM enabled flow that is now
active. The

constraints folder was deleted and now when trying to do Export
Physical, the design

will not go through the process. What other steps are necessary to get
back to a

clean flow?

Solution: There are several steps we must go through to back out of the
CM enable flow. The

first thing we must do is determine if you have the level of 14.2 that
has this

capability built in to it. If you are in Allegro and do Help>About
Allegro you

will get a window that says something like 14.2-s041. This is the first
patched

version of Allegro that allows us to back out of enable flow.

Once that is done, the other steps are:

1. In Allegro

type: skill <return>

type: axlDBControl('cmgrEnabledFlow nil) <return>.

You should see a 't' in the command area which indicates the command was
successful.

This will reset the branding flag inside the database so netrev will not
look for

pstcm*.dat files.

type: exit <return> to exit the skill interpreter

Save the .brd file.

2. Delete the 'constraints' folder under <project>/worklib/<design name>

3. Delete the 'opf' folder under <project>/worklib/<design name>

4. In the 'packaged' directory - delete cmdbview.dat, cmdcview.dat,
pstcmdb.dat,

pstcmbc.dat, pstcmback.dat

5. Run Export Physical to regenerate the netlist files.

6. Run Import Logic in Allegro.

7. From this point on, constraints are managed in Allegro. Whenever you
run Export

Logic from Allegro,

the checkbox 'Export using Constraint Manager enabled flow' should be
unchecked.

Important: This procedure assume the design is flat and has been
back-annotated