[PCB_FORUM] Re: The router...

  • From: "Musetti, Carl" <cmusetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:13:41 -0400

Actually I've found that that really is the routers forte is with lost of
layers and via, as long as your signals can handle having lots vias, and the
ones that can't I use the MAX_VIA_COUNT  property for seems to do a fairly
decent job with rules, of course accept for it Achilles heel which Cadence
seems scared to address AREAS! Here's a summary report of a dense board I just
routed with 18 layers.