[PCB_FORUM] Re: Suppressing pads

  • From: "Baumstark Michael-EMB043" <M.Baumstark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:15:40 -0400

BTW -

On the subject of unused pad suppression. If you are submitting CAD data
to PCB fab vendor in ODB++ format does the artwork order definition
convey the suppress unused pads into the ODB++ database, when enabled by
layer?  Or is there a setting within the ODB++ export option that
controls this, by layer?

Also, Richard VanOs cited the enable unused padstack suppression option
within the Padstack editor. To my understanding, this is a switch that
will permit this particular padstack to have suppressed padstacks, but
ONLY when the directive is set to suppress in the Artwork formatting
directives.   Is my understanding correct?

Sincerely yours,

Michael Baumstark

Sr. Staff Electrical Engineer / PCB Design, CID+

Motorola - EMS - Worldwide Radio Solutions -
Astro - APTC/Physical Design Organization
8000 West Sunrise Blvd.  Mail Stop: 1329
Plantation, FL USA 33322-9947
Intra: http://rprc.mot.com <http://rprc.mot.com/>   ;
http://pcbadvisor.mot.com <http://pcbadvisor.mot.com/>
web: http://www.motorola.com <http://www.motorola.com/>

Motorola Internal Use                      [      ]
Motorola Confidential Proprietary    [      ]