[PCB_FORUM] Re: SPB install with windows 64 bit OS.

  • From: joe tasker <joseph_a_tasker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:39:35 -0800 (PST)

 Hi Allan,

     I'm running 16.2 with the latest hotfix on XP without any problems.
  The only problem I've heard about is that if it's XP it needs to be the
Professional version and for Vista it needs to be Ultimate. Can't prove to you
that it only runs on Vista Ultimate as the only install I have on a 64 bit
machine is XP Professional. Likewise I can't tell you if it will run on a
lesser operating version of either. I can tell you I had 15.7 running on Vista
Home Premium without any problems so whatever your operating system I'd give it
a go just to see if it will run. If not more than likely you need to go for the
upgraded OS.
    BTW, voice commands in Allegro with Vista worked great............joe