[PCB_FORUM] Re: Remote Allegro file viewing

  • From: <cmward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:02:01 -0700

Hi,

In Sept of 2007 I submitted a Service request to "Disable Export" from the
database. It looks like other companies are facing the same issues and it may
be worth approaching Cadence through multiple requests (I have been told that
nobody has ever asked for anything like this before).

Summary
S1:489202:Allegro - Disable export security enhancement

Stated Problem
We are looking at using the lock database feature with the export disable
feature to protect our designs when we have to send them to customers. We have
noticed that if we lock the database and check the disable export box, save and
enter back into the .brd. We are still able to export ODB, IDF, etc. In reading
the documentation this feature is to protect the library parts from being
exported. What about the entire database? Ideally we would like to lock the
database and make it so that nobody can export anything, artwork, placements,
ODB, etc without the password. This type of feature would be extremely
beneficial to many companies that have to send their designs out so that the
customer can simulate the design. It stop the customers from taking designs and
having them fabricated without authorization from the design company

CCR ID 489202
SR Number 40871596

Thanks,
Chris Ward