[PCB_FORUM] Re: Relative prop delay

  • From: Robert Szumowicz <robert.szumowicz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:02:56 +0200

Regarding Capture and PIN_DELAY.

I found some time ago one problem: when PIN_DELAY is added to a part at library level together with appropriate values, the values cannot be changed at library level any more and the only way to overwrite them is to change them at schematic level. It was embarrassing.

regards,
Robert

David Greig wrote:
Yes it is possible. You will need to add PIN_DELAY=YES in the [pinprops] section of allegro.cfg, within orcad.

Far easier to import a delay file into allegro.

Caveat, often the IC package delay (io cell to lead/ball) will have already been included into static timing models particularly FPGA's with Timequest, and besides more and more programmable/tuneable io cells obviate needing such board level precision.

Best Regards

David Greig

GigaDyne Ltd
5 Albany Business Centre