[PCB_FORUM] Re: (Quick place by page)

Well, no, I haven't had the problem, but that's because
I haven't used the "place by page" feature. Is that
cheating? In any case, I recommend contacting Cadence as
you haven't gotten any replies from the group. Usually
a sign that no one has an answer. If you do find a
solution, please let all of us know.

Good luck,
Kevin

Mark Salberg wrote:
Kevin,
No, I have not contacted Cadence yet because it is usually much more time consuming than this forum.

As I mentioned, it does work "sometimes" and if anyone else uses this feature, (which is very useful when it works), have you run into this inconsistency? It is very easy to setup... select "place by page" and type in the page number to place.

I take it you have not run into this problem.

Thanks,
Mark

Kevin McCowan wrote:

Have you tried going to the page and selecting all
of the stuff on the page? I have had that work
just fine. Maybe there are a few bugs to work
out on this feature. What has Cadence told you
to do about it? You did let Cadence know, right?

Kevin McCowan
Sr. PCB Designer
TSI Telsys

Mark Salberg wrote:

Can anybody tell me why (Quick place by page) only works sometimes?
I have newly packaged 4-page Concept design that will only place by page 1 and 4. But not page 1 or 2.

It really seems to be a "hit or miss" feature that is GREAT when it works.
In many designs it will not work at all.

Any suggestions? We are using v15.1 on windows 2000.

Thanks,
Mark

http://www.freelists.org. Our list name is icu-pcb-forum
or go to http://www.freelists.org/archives/icu-pcb-forum/

Problems or Questions:

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

POST:       icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs. For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com