[PCB_FORUM] Re: Pausing on commands, anyone else?

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:50:43 -0600

Nolan,

Are you accessing the software locally on your PC or across the network ?
I have seen the same type of issue but it was network related
because the software directory was located on a  network server.
Also it seemed like there is some GUI caching that is occurring
because the first time I would open a from or a menu it would take
a long time but after that it immediate.  I worked with IT for a week
or so and it turned out to be a optical switch and once it was
replaced the problems disappeared.

Hope this helps,
Mike Catrambone
UTStarcom, Inc.

"Watts III, Nolan" <nolan.watts.iii@xxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on 11/02/2005
09:23:54 AM

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:    [PCB_FORUM] Pausing on commands, anyone else?

I'm seeing fairly consistent behavior out of the Allegro GUI by it
pausing on certain commands, most repeatable is the Display/Color.  The
first time you invoke this it takes around 7 seconds for it to appear.
Subsequent picks of it brings it up immediately, but NOT if some
considerable time has passed, say 30 minutes.  It is as if there is some
sort of caching going on in the UI.  I've seen this in both 15.2 and
15.5 and I'm running on high performance Precision 370 and 670 Dell's
with lots of memory(>2Gb), so one might assume hardware isn't the
limiting factor.  I'm wondering if this is common performance for other
users.  If so, please reply.  Otherwise, I'll submit a SR to Cadence.

Thanks for your help,

Nolan Watts

(See attached file: C.htm)

Title: Pausing on commands, anyone else?