[PCB_FORUM] Re: Pad designer editor problems

Hey Mitch,

We have used dashes and underscores in package as well as padstack names for
years.  Now all of a sudden it doesn't appear to like either the underscore
or the dash.

At first I copied/pasted a similar padstack file, renamed it, then tried to
edit it.  It wouldn't load with the "_mod", so I took off the "_mod", it
would then load into the padstack editor.  Then I did a "save as" and added
the "_mod".  Now, once again, I can't load it in with the "_mod" to modify
it.  All of this is taking place in an "unchecked" directory where we create
and use the symbols/padstacks in a design.  They are moved into the "golden"
library directory only when tested in a populated functional PCB assembly.

In this same "unchecked" directory, I can load a previously created padstack
(i.e. "r15x70") without the "_mod" just fine.  It doesn't make any sense to
me.  The only thing that has changed lately is I have moved from 15.1 to
15.2.

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.