  From: Bolman, Shirley H [mailto:shirley.h.bolman@xxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:55 PM
  To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Pad designer editor problems

  Gary
  Have you talked with Cadence directly about this? It reminds me of a
problem "I" had on my machine when
  we moved from 13.6 to 14.2. For some reason the Padstack editor would not
allow more than 10 or 12 characters
  in a flash name on my machine. Everyone else in my group had no problem
with the number of characters in the flash
  name portion of the pad designer. We finally contacted Cadence and an
Application Engineer had to take a look at
  what was going on with my desktop machine only.

  By the way, we currently have some padstacks with as many as 12 characters
in them including _ with no problem at
  all. We are still running 14.2 but will probably change over to 15.2
sometime soon.

  Hope this helps
  Shirley