[PCB_FORUM] Re: Pad designer editor problems

  • From: george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:24:40 -0800

Ahhhh...  (A light comes on)  I didn't realize you were double-clicking to
start it.  What platform/OS version are you on?

If windoze:

*       It could be an issue with the windows explorer

*       Have you tried opening up a command window (DOS window) and manually
running it? (i.e. "pad_designer 123456789_mod.pad")
*       Have you tried using "File > Open" from inside pad_designer?
*       If it doesn't even start pad_designer, is the "File Types" pointing
to a valid "pad_designer" and not one in an installation that no longer
exists?  Here's my current "Open" action command line:
"J:\Apps\edatools\psd\15.2d\tools\pcb\bin\pad_designer.exe" "%1"

If not:

*       Ain't got a clue

Not that I can replicate the problem, I can double-click "via22c14t125.pad"
in the explorer and it just complains that it can't create the journal file
(read only directory) and starts up.  I'm on XP Pro.
--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.

It's my opinion, not Tektronix'