[PCB_FORUM] Re: Pad designer editor problems

  • From: Gene Carman <gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:25:20 -0800

I kept running into a crashing problem the other day... the file name was too long according to one brief message flash I saw before the tool died. I was modifying a part from 3p1x3p1ymm to 3p1x3p1ymm1corner, and it would not allow it... I was able to do 3p1x3p1ymm1cut... but only after lots of trial and error. I also had problems just making a simple rectangular pad. I too am using 15.2 v032.

At 01:58 PM 12/22/04 -0700, Gary MacIndoe wrote:

"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:st1 = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags">
Shirley,

You've hit on something here. When I rename the "r11x44_mod" to "r11x44m" or "r11x44mo", it will load into "Pad_Designer". For some strange reason, adding that extra "d" (to make "r11x44mod"), causes it to not load.

To make it an even stranger situation, "r11x44-m" and "r11x44_m" will also load, but *not* "r11x44-mo" nor "r11x44_mo" (it just doesn't like that third added character?!?).

Gary E. MacIndoe PCB Design Engineer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Longmont, Colorado -----Original Message----- From: Bolman, Shirley H [mailto:shirley.h.bolman@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 11:45 AM To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Pad designer editor problems

Richard
Have you tried to save a new padstack as r11x44m instead of _mod?
the _mod really shouldn't be a problem. I also believe that where the tool
is saving the padstack to may not be where allegro is looking for the padstacks.

Shirley

---------- From: Gary MacIndoe [mailto:gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 10:31 AM To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Pad designer editor problems

Richard,

No, there is no flash involved. It is a pure rectangular SMT pad with the soldermask modified.

Gary E. MacIndoe PCB Design Engineer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Longmont, Colorado -----Original Message----- From: Weinberg, Richard (Richard) [mailto:rweinberg@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 11:03 AM To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Pad designer editor problems

Ive managed to clear a few more cob webs. The problem showed up when I loaded a flash in Allegro. Does this pad stack have a flash? Try to look at it.

                systems

  agere                             76 Sandy Point Road

                                                    Yarmouth, Maine 04096

                                                    USA

Richard Weinberg           Tel: 207 846 4539

Applications Engineer                 rweinberg@xxxxxxxxx

        ReferenceDesigns