[PCB_FORUM] Re: ODB++ output (*.tgz) to Fab (no gerbers)

  • From: Randy Dawson <rdawson16@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:06:17 -0500

Hi Gary,

Still in Ft. Collins?

I sent ODB++ to my board shop, Prototron while I was at Micron, a few hundred
PCBs.  And I concur with Oscar, ODB is a good measure of the capabilities of a
board shop.  (and their financial strength, the V in Valor stands for Very
Expensive)

Related question does an ODB++ dataset have the intelligence for blind, buried
and backdrilling?

If we set up the padstacks for HDI technology, is ODB++ suficient or do we
still need to split out separate drill files?

Randy Dawson
Tektronix

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:30:11 -0700
From: o.miguelino@xxxxxxxxx
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: ODB++ output (*.tgz) to Fab (no gerbers)

I have been supplying ODB++ to suppliers in Asia, Europe, and US for over a
year now.  Anyway I have found that quality suppliers support ODB++ and the bad
ones do not.

Best regards,

-oscar

Oscar Miguelino
HP | Palm GBU | PSG
950 W Maude Ave |  Sunnyvale |  CA 94085

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail and its contents contain information that
is proprietary and confidential to Palm, Inc. and that may also be privileged.
Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or reproduction of this email or its
contents by anyone other than an authorized recipient is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you are not an authorized recipient, please immediately notify
me, permanently delete this message from your system and destroy any copies
thereof, including any attachments.  Thank you.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Jul 26, 2010 3:56 PM, jwages <jwages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I use both types.
It is always good to have gerbers for comparison to
the ODB++ files.

Jim S. Wages

SR PCB Layout Designer

H)