[PCB_FORUM] Re: Newbie questions

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:47:42 -0500

Ken,

I think I can answer some of your questions.

1.  There is a new variable in SPB 15.1 called "multiboard_always"
which will automatically open a design link if one is currently
associated with the design. I believe back in PSD 14.2 this
only occurred in SpecctraQuest and not in Allegro.

2.  I am assuming you have a Design Link activate and have
electrical rules defined across it. I tried getting this to work in
PSD 14.2 but it leads into a ton of issues. Electrical Constraints
defined at the Board level are ignored when the Design link is
active and System Level constraints are ignored when the
Design link is not active. Also System Level constraints do not
transfer to Specctra so you really are in a world of hurt when
you come back from the router. (OK I said enough.. venting..)

3. I have never seen this happen... at least on the 3rd Party
netin side of the fence.

As far as question 1 and 2 you really need to consider
moving to SPB 15.2 where a lot of these issues are resolved
or there at least a stable workaround that would make you life
easier. You can import package delays right into Constraint
Manager.. Its a beautiful thing... My two cents.

Hope this helps,
Michael Catrambone
UTStarcom, Inc.

"ken Lee" <funmin168
09/22/2004 06:12 PM

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:

To:    icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject:    [PCB_FORUM] Newbie questions

Hello all:
I am using PSD14.2 and ran into these issues. I already spent
a couple days tried to figure them out but so far can't find a
solution, I really appreciate any help or input:
1. Is there a way to set the system configuration in signal
analysis initialization to d2d? I set it, saved the board file
but whenever Allegro starts up it went back to Single board
system.
2. There are no DRCs in database, but When I go into Relative
propagation delay in constraint manager there are some nets in
red color and not meeting the constraint set. I checked the
electrical constraint setting and it's turned on. Are there
any other settings I need to check?
3. When importing new netlist, Allegro won't overwrite current
constraint (max_exposed_length) even though the "Overwrite
current constraints" in Import Logic is turned on. What should
I look for?

Thank you very much,
Ken