[PCB_FORUM] Re: Mils database to Metrics gerber generation

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:42:57 -0400

5 decimal places seems a little extravagant to me.
That puts you way beyond the skill of all board houses,
I think. Maybe you are making a chip.
Anyway, if you set your gerber up to do 2.5 I would think
you would be fine. Again, this is a place where I think
your board house could tell you what would be necessary
to get the output you (they) need.
Any round off errors at 5 places will be so small as to
not be a problem, I suspect.
Check with them and use what they suggest.

TSI Telsys

sathish kumar wrote:

Hi,
A pcb database worked on Mils units with ( 2 integer places , 5 decimal places) needs to be gerbered out in Metrics for specific requirements from fab house. How can we gerber out in this fashion without any round off errors. Whether using the same metrics gerber format with (2 integer places , 5 decimal places)will provide a superior gerber output without any round off errors & film misalignments.

With Sincere,

Sathish.

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.